What inspires me to lose weight. Well so far I have lost 20 lbs. I have 2 more weeks before I check my inches again, and I have 7 lbs to lose to get to my ultimate goal of 130 for october. I feel so great!! My clothes fit me, my self esteem is up, I look forward to working out and weighing my self everymorning. Losing what I have lost has also motivated me to continue my diet and I don't cheat as often, and it motivates me to not want to crash too.
I haven't been drinking pop, eating pizza, ice cream cookies, crackers, and everything I used to eat on a regular basis anymore. I let myself cheat a little on saturday, but I don't really even desire to cheat really, because when I do cheat I am reminded of how unhealthy I felt before. I feel like my stomach is so used to not having the junk food go through it that it really feels it when I eat it now. I still mildley cheat during the week, but I feel better when I don't. My IBS symptoms have completely dissapeared. I never feel bloated anymore (unless I eat pizza or pop or chocolate). I am more flexible than I have been since highschool 10 years ago, and here is the big one.....I actually feel like jogging!!! My husband has been trying to get me to go jogging for years now, and I just never felt like I could do it physically. I haven't gone yet, because there is allways to much going on, and I need to do it indoors, because my ears and lungs are so sensitive to the cold, but I am looking forward to starting.
Those are all inside influences that motivate me, but I also have outside motivations.
I want to live the long life I was promised in a blessing.
I want to prevent cancer, and other diseases.
I want to be an example for my kids.
I don't think its shallow at all Gwen to want to be good looking for your husband. I think that is an important motivation. It helps keep a healthy marriage in a lot of ways.
Our bodies are gifts from our heavenly father and that is a major motivation to take care of myself.
I know 28 isn't that old, and I am feeling this less, but there are a lot of days that I worry about ostioporosis and arthritis and just the things that come with aging, and I want to put those off as long as I can. I do feel a lot of weekness in my joints and bones and I want to make them stronger. I know that hip and knee surgery are really painfull!
I also feel like our world is coming to a point again where we are going to need to be more resourcefull and I would like to become that before I am forced into it. I hate change unless its my idea!hehe
Anyway, thanks for your comments too on what motivates you. It motivates me too!!
Julia
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Julia! I love you! Keep up the great work! You are awesome and doing awesome! You are a great example to me. I am so glad that we are doing this together- trying to stay healthy! Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment