1 (15 oz) can butter beans, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper
6 saltine crackers, crushed
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c vegetable oil
In a medium bowl, mash butter beans. Mix in onion, jalapeno pepper, crushed crackers, egg, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts, and shape into patties.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; use more or less oil to reach 1/4 inch in depth. Fry patties until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So crazy, I have never had butter beans before, but last week when I went shopping I took the kids with me and Adria was filling her cart with stuff too. Well she threw a can of butter beans in hers and when I found it I thought "what the heck" might as well try them. So I forgot about them, then you posted this recipe, and I went to the pantry to get lunch out, and low and behold there was a can of Butter beans sitting there! It was inspiration I am sure, because we are now going to have it for dinner tonight!!!
Post a Comment