I am so excited to try the butter bean recipe!! mmmmm
Here is my recipe for today:
1 lb of dried pinto beans
3 cups hot water
1 large onion, cut into size you desire, I did big chuncks and it was yummy!
14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes4 garlic cloves whole, or diced into big chunks
1 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes2 tsp salt
1/4 lb bacon, uncooked , cut up into chunks (I personally left that part out, and it was still delicious)
2/3 cup salsa
rinse clean pinto beans
boil beans with enough water to cover for 10 min.
drain and place all but salsa in crock potcook on high for 6 hours
drain beans and place in food processor(I skipped that part too)
process to mash ( and skipped this part, I like my beans whole)
place back in crock pot (obviously I skipped this part too, hehe)add salsa, mix. (I left the salsa out, and just added what I wanted to my taco salad)
cool low 1-2 hours (I just cooked mine for 8 hrs straight)l
eftovers can be frozen for future meals or used in dishes that ask for spicy beans.you can alter the cooking time, if you want them cooking while at work by cooking on low for 8 hours and high for 2 hours.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment