Thursday, September 10, 2009

Salsa recipes :D

Ok GG's here are the salsa recipes!

Pico de gallo
2-3 medium sized tomatoes or 6 roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1 jalapeno pepper (stems, ribs, and seeds removed)
1 serrano pepper (stems, ribs, and seeds removed)
juice from one lime
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
salt, pepper, and cumin to taste (I normally do about 1/2 tsp salt and about 1 tsp cumin)

Mix together and enjoy! I personally like to use roma tomatoes because they are more meaty and less juicy. If you use regular tomatoes after you slice them, put them in a sieve and let the juices drain.

Fire and Ice salsa recipe

3 cups chopped watermelon
1/2 cup diced green pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons finely diced cilantro
1-2 tablespoon finely diced green onions or chives
1-2 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper (stem, seeds, and ribs removed)
1/2 tsp garlic salt (or 1/2 tsp fresh crushed garlic with salt to taste)

The great things with salsas is you can add or lessen any of the ingredients until you get the exact taste you like. I like more potent flavors so I always add more lime juice, peppers, and cumin. What I have listed makes pretty mild salsas so feel free to add or play with the ingredients. SO fun :)

No comments: