Ok, first I have a totally awesome and healthy salad I made up the other night. You will have to excuse the lack of exact measurements. I need to make it again and write down exacts...but you will get the general idea.
One sliced cucumber (skin ON, and sliced horizontally so they are in disks)
About 3/4 cup of goat yogurt
1 Tbls fresh dill
1/2 Tbls of rice vinegar but I think that cider vinegar will work too
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
You can also use some sugar if you like a tangier taste
It's SO yummy and cool and crisp
Tuscan white bean and spinach soup
1 finely diced shallot or 1/4 large onion finely diced
1 Tbls bottled garlic or 2 garlic cloves
1 Tbls olive oil
1 can rinsed white beans (I'm sure any type of bean will work aside from green beans Ha Ha)
1 can chopped tomatoes or italian stewed tomatoes (entire contents, do not drain)
3 cups chicken broth
dash of red pepper flakes
1-2 tsp rosemary
1-2 handfuls spinach
Saute on medium heat the shallot/onion and garlic till onion starts turning translucent (approx 15 mins). Add chicken broth, beans, red pepper flakes, and rosemary. Simmer for 20 mins on med/low heat. Add spinach about 1 minute prior to serving.
Now, if you have meat lovers in the family...I will get italian turkey sausage links, grill up, then slice and add to the soup. Julia and Chris had this at my house one time. It's a very nutritious and filling soup :)
Carrot Curry soup
1 Tbls olive oil
1/2 onion diced
1/2 - 1 tsp curry powder
1/2 - 1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 - 1m tsp honey
3 cups chicken broth
4 tsp flour
1 egg white
1/4 cup skim milk
Saute onion with olive oil on medium heat until translucent (about 15 mins). Add honey, coriander, and curry and saute on low for another 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and carrots. Cover and simmer for 20ish minutes on med heat until carrots are tender. Take off heat. Whisk egg white, milk, and flour and set aside. Put carrot mix in blender and puree. Add milk mix and mix well. Put back in pan and simmer on low for another 5-10 mins until thickened. Salt and pepper to taste.
This is seriously one of my favorite dinners. It is SUPER low calorie, filling, and SO good for you. You can also use almost any squash instead of carrots. I like it more flavorful, so I use 1 tsp for the honey, coriander, and curry. I also will garnish the soup with goat yogurt or fat free sour cream. Kyle even likes it and my mouth is watering as we speak lol!!
Take care GG's. Hope you don't mind the recipe overload ;)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jill, we looovve the recipe overload!!! thank you!!
Post a Comment